Monday, March 9, 2020

Steel

Two pieces of  steel.

That's all they have ever been. Yet, since I was a kid, when things get hard I've known I could lace up the boots they were attached to and find some peace.

As I have gotten older those pieces of steel have gained more meaning and have brought me through stages I would never have gotten through otherwise.

Today was a hard day. I tend to be open about struggles but I cannot even put into words how today felt. I will try.

Hurt.

Hollow.

Empty.

Used.

Burned.

Those tend to sum it up.

Yet, at the end of it all, I knew I had to pull it all together and get to the rink. I'm glad I did.

I keep my circles small and always have. 3 years ago a friend invited me out to a skate and I am forever grateful he did. In that skate I found people I consider some of my best friends.

Tonight I sat in the room and one came over.

"You alright, buddy?"

"Not really."

"It's okay to not be okay."

And we hugged.

This is brief, I know.

But I just want to put out there how much it means to me to have 19 big brothers every Sunday.

Two pieces of steel.

That help keep it all together.

There are a few reasons I am still here.

One has fur, the others share two pieces of steel every Sunday and treat me like one of their own.

B'ys, I love you all.

And I just hope you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment