Monday, November 28, 2022

Uninvited

 "Like anyone would be,
I am flattered by your fascination with me..."

Uninvited.

Like I was uninvited you were uninvited but yet felt the need to walk into my home like you owned the place.

No invitation.

No need to be.

Yet strolled in.

And my anger rose.

"But you, you're not allowed,
You're uninvited,
An unfortunate slight..."

No contact, not a single word, no eye contact or even a hello during court appearances and all of those anniversaries of things we all shared.

No acknowledgement of me or who I was to him.

None.

Just erasure and ignorance.

"Must be strangely exciting,
To watch the stoic squirm..."

I would not say I squirm.

I wall up.

I rage internally while simply walking away.

Because I know my worth now and I took your snide comments and abuse out of respect before, but not now. Not after all of this. Not after the hurt and the back-stabbing.

But I am damn stoic and will never be anything but.

"But you, you're not allowed,
You're uninvited,
An unfortunate slight..."

You are not welcome here, like I have not been welcome during so many milestones and important things that have come since.

Uninvited.

An unfortunate slight.

But more than unfortunate - deliberate.

A deliberate slight.

"Like any uncharted territory,
I must seem greatly intriguing..."

I pushed back.

You're not used to that, are you?

The domineering force who was dictating how and who I could be.

"You need to stop smoking."

"You can't have a dog."

But no more.

I'll smoke as much and when I want.

How dare you scratch the dog you told me multiple times I wasn't allowed to have?

Like you have any say in my life then, now and forever.

"You speak of my love like
You have experienced love like mine before..."

You did not and you do not know what we had.

The narrative you have spun suits you but everyone knows the difference.

How dare you walk in here, penetrating my safe space, my home?

"But this is not allowed,
You're uninvited,
An unfortunate slight..."

Now it is another deliberate slight.

The ball is in my court.

You are the one uninvited.

And I hope you feel even a fraction of the sting that I have.

Given that you creep my blog, heed the message.

No comments:

Post a Comment